I’ve been using MacVim for 3 years now, since then I never looked back. I didn’t feel much comfortable with any text editor other than MacVim (or Vim).
Indeed it is a much powerful text editor when used with right plugins at right time. Recently I came across a powerful kit/bundle for MacVim that is – “Janus“.
(If you are on Mac use the below command to install – for prerequisites please visit Janus github repository page)
$ curl -Lo- http://bit.ly/janus-bootstrap | bash
Here are some useful pointers to get you started with Vim Editor:
- Vimcasts (Learn from Videos)
- Stevelosh’s Coming home to vim blog post
- Learn from official vim tutorial: enter :vimtutor in vim normal mode.
- VIM: Revisited
- Some more videos (screencasts)
- Learning vim – not so boring
& …more to come.
Happy Coding! :)